Modern Gentlemen …
… regularly read blogs.
Modern gentlemen keep up with the news as well as the views available on subjects about which the writers of these blogs are expert.
Nate Silver at 538 contextualizes data, generally about elections but also about sports.
The comics at The Oatmeal reveal the most hilarious/depressing aspects of life in today’s America.
Serious Eats is a serious resource for the seriously delicious.
Gentlemen know how to dress, drawing inspiration from people, rather than display windows. This Is Not New provides examples of fashionable men, be they models or regular Joes.
AdAge Statistics: The premier source for consumer research analyzes their data.
Consumerist: Cautionary tales from around the globe are submitted to this blog to warn others.
Hip Hops: The beer column of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch provides news and reviews of the city’s burgeoning local beer industry.
Kinfolk: This magazine shares ideas for hosting small get-togethers.
Blog to Avoid
Huffington Post: Read its content anywhere else, as its business model relies on parasitism from legitimate news sources and blogs as well as free labor.
Tags: 538, AdAge, analysis, beer, Burn Notice, chart, clothes, comic, commentary, devilled eggs, election, Evan Benn, fashion, food, graph, icons, Jeffrey Donovan, math, Michael Westen, Missouri, Murder Mystery Dinner Party, Nate Silver, Pharrell Williams, politics, recommended reading, sanctimony, St. Louis, statistics, The A.V. Club, The Neptunes, The Oatmeal, the occasional drink, The Onion, This Is Not New
- calling COX now! trying to subscribe before I miss anything good! twitter.com/nextontcm/stat… 2 hours ago
- I wish I had cable. twitter.com/nextontcm/stat… 2 hours ago
- RT @badbanana: If you wanted to name your boat after a 1980s R&B group, you can’t go wrong with DeBarge. 2 hours ago
- RT @GianDoh: Upright pianos are the most moral and ethical of pianos. 2 hours ago
- RT @nycsouthpaw: Everybody’s working for the retweet. https://t.co/cGPW4H0gHK 6 hours ago
‘A Gentleman Afield’
- A Gentleman Afield
- First Lesson
- Second Lesson
- The Young Man and the Stream
- The Fly Fisherman Who Always Was
- Part I: Cold Feet
- Part II: Off and Running
- Part III: Assorted Nightmares
- Part IV: On the Trail
- Sport Jackets: Styles
- The Measures of Success
- Jack Williams and Frances Clalin-Clayton
- Association Football
- Victorian Explorers
- A Walk with the Dead
- To Build a Fire
- The War Prayer
- Excerpt from ‘The Wilderness Hunter’
- Modern Gentleman of the Road
- Urban Explorers
- Gentlemanly Inspiration
- To Be Irish, If Only For A Day
- Of Horses and Hounds
- Of Horses and Hounds Part II
- Another Night to Remember
- Living History: A Soldier’s Life
- Living History: A Soldier’s Life Part II
- A Fish in the Hand …
- The Life and Death of a Ballad
- The Legacy of Velocipedes
- To Walk or To Ride?
- Some Gentleman Cannot Choose Their Battles